Monday 7 March 2011

So What's in the Fridge?

While browsing through the open processing site, I found a sketch that was quite different from all the rest. It is called So What's in the Fridge? and it was created by Anna Reutinger.

What I find most interesting about this sketch is that it seems to be set up as a template (for lack of a better term). What I mean by this is that there are three panels which select random pictures and random text to display each time the mouse is clicked. By looking at the code, I can tell that all the images and fonts are pre-loaded and separated into three categories or strings. Each panel, then, has a list of words and images to load based on the list. I feel this is a really interesting way to use code, and it turned out to be a really fun sketch!

What I couldn't figure out was where the images and fonts were uploaded. I see that they are pre-loaded once the sketch is pulled up, but I see no link or folder structure pointing to where they are on the web or on open processing. In addition, I was having a hard time overlapping shapes in my sketches, and I was wondering how they got their text to flawlessly overlap the images? Is that just a matter of order or is there something I'm missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment