Thursday 31 March 2011

Transformation Inspiration

I wasn't sure what to do for this transformation project so I started by making a word map:


Through my research on the subject I came up with a couple of good examples of transformation:

1) This transformation of a bird is a really good example of transformation in code. It also could prove really helpful for when I start coding my project. The bird breaks apart and comes back together as the cursor moves across the screen.


2) Another thought that came to my mind when thinking about transformation was movement from one place to another. The first thing that popped into my was Muybridge's running horse experiment. After doing some research on Muybridge I found this animation of a horse running. I also really liked this idea, but I'm not sure how fruitful or interesting it would be if I were to use it in this next project.


3) My next thought was the idea of progression from one thing to the next. The obvious things popped into my head first: seed to flower, tadpole to frog, egg to bird, etc... But as I continued to think about it I thought about the idea of plants ripening and how they change from one color to the next. Or how the patterns of a kaleidoscope change color and position. I found a really cool kaleidoscope sketch in processing which I feel is really well done.

Finally, along the lines of progression, I thought of the idea of an angry mob and how they normally progress from a quiet crowd until provoked and then they start getting angry. I think this idea may serve as the final inspiration for my project!


No comments:

Post a Comment